At least five people were killed in recent violence:
Militants passing through Obour detained and killed three civilians.
Security forces killed two militants in Salah ad Din province.
Also, Iran and Iraq exchanged the remains of dozens of dead from the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq War. The International Committee of the Red Cross oversaw the transfer of 46 Iranian and four Iraqi soldiers who were killed in the war.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019