At least two people were killed, and four were wounded in recent violence:
One militia officer was killed and two members were wounded in Diyala province as they were providing security for linemen sent there to repair a sabotaged electrical line. The team was also subjected to a mortar attack.
A man was shot dead while driving a car in Abu Garma.
Militants seriously wounded a federal police officer during an attack on a barracks in Zanqar.
In Zubayr, gunmen seriously wounded an officer in Basra Operations Command.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019