Security reinforcements were deployed to Makhmour to respond to increasing reports of Islamic State militants in the area. Besides the recent air strikes, Coalition forces reported killing 55 militants over a two-day span at the end of October.
At least 16 people were killed in recent violence:
The body of a woman who bore torture marks was found in Mosul.
In Jabal Bur, a roadside bomb killed a shepherd.
Four guerrillas were killed during Turkish air strikes on Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) targets in Hakurk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019