Security reinforcements were deployed to Makhmour to respond to increasing reports of Islamic State militants in the area. Besides the recent air strikes, Coalition forces reported killing 55 militants over a two-day span at the end of October.
At least 16 people were killed in recent violence:
The body of a woman who bore torture marks was found in Mosul.
In Jabal Bur, a roadside bomb killed a shepherd.
Four guerrillas were killed during Turkish air strikes on Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) targets in Hakurk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019