At least 13 people were killed and 16 were wounded:
Five people were killed when a car bomb was detonated at a Mosul restaurant. Fourteen others were wounded. The explosion took place near the Abu Layla restaurant, which is popular with security members. Several buildings, as well as the restaurant, were damaged. Security forces also prevented a car bombing in the Ehliha area. A car bomb exploded in Ghabat a few days ago, prompting officials to wonder if the Islamic State militants are regrouping. A third occurred just south of the city two weeks ago.
Gunmen killed a Peshmerga fighter in Daquq.
In Khan Bani Saad, mortars wounded two people.
Six militants were killed during an airstrike near Rutba.
Security personnel in Saniya killed a militant who had disguised himself in women’s clothing.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019