At least 13 people were killed and 16 were wounded:
Five people were killed when a car bomb was detonated at a Mosul restaurant. Fourteen others were wounded. The explosion took place near the Abu Layla restaurant, which is popular with security members. Several buildings, as well as the restaurant, were damaged. Security forces also prevented a car bombing in the Ehliha area. A car bomb exploded in Ghabat a few days ago, prompting officials to wonder if the Islamic State militants are regrouping. A third occurred just south of the city two weeks ago.
Gunmen killed a Peshmerga fighter in Daquq.
In Khan Bani Saad, mortars wounded two people.
Six militants were killed during an airstrike near Rutba.
Security personnel in Saniya killed a militant who had disguised himself in women’s clothing.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019