The Iraqi government deployed extra troops to western Kirkuk province to address continued attacks from Islamic State militants.
At least 13 people were killed and two were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Riyadh left one policeman dead and two wounded.
The bodies of 12 more militants were found between Hit and Haditha. Eight bodies were reported recovered on Sunday. The men were shot execution style and believed to be on a list of disloyal militants recently released by Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019