The Iraqi government deployed extra troops to western Kirkuk province to address continued attacks from Islamic State militants.
At least 13 people were killed and two were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Riyadh left one policeman dead and two wounded.
The bodies of 12 more militants were found between Hit and Haditha. Eight bodies were reported recovered on Sunday. The men were shot execution style and believed to be on a list of disloyal militants recently released by Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019