At least 18 people were killed, and 11 others were wounded in recent violence:
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards claimed to have killed five militants in Diyala province, including an ISIS commander who may have masterminded an attack on Iranian forces during a parade in Ahvaz last month. The forces who killed Abu Zaha may have been members of and Iraqi militia backed by Iran.
A bomb killed one militiaman and wounded four more in Saidiya.
One militiaman was killed and three were wounded when a bomb exploded in the Hamrin Mountains.
A bomb in Qaim killed a colonel and wounded two soldiers.
In Madaen, an armed attack left one civilian dead.
A civilian was shot dead in Abu Saida.
A dumped body was found on a highway between Erbil and Kirkuk.
Security forces killed four militants in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Kidnapped Pilgrims Found; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2018
- Car Bomb Rattles Tikrit; 19 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2018
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018