M.P. Falih Khizali revealed that 90 people have died in Basra due to polluted water, while the Human Rights Commission announced that the number of people sickened by the water has topped 110,000. The poor water conditions ignited deadly protests over the summer. The Governor of Basra, As’ad Idani, warned that $10 million was needed to improve Basra’s failed infrastructure.
At least three people were killed, and two others were wounded in recent violence; 51 were found in a mass grave:
In Kokjli, two civilians were gunned down.
Militant killed one person and wounded another in Qaim.
A double-bombing at a home in Khanaqin wounded the homeowner who is a member of the Peshmerga.
At a military base in Qayara, officials unearthed a mass grave containing 51 bodies belonging to ISIS members.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019