At least eight people were killed, and nine were wounded in recent violence:
The body of a village chieftain, Ahmed Hamid Ubeid, was found near Zabra.
A civilian was shot dead in Kokjli.
In Baghdad, one person was shot dead.
Four militants were killed in the Hamrin Mountains.
The German government announced on Tuesday that it will extend its mission for an, as yet, undecided amount of time in Iraq, but end reconnaissance flights on October 31, 2019.
On Wednesday, Turkey approved the extension of its mandate, keeping troops in Iraq and Syria, for another year.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018