At least five people were killed, and 24 others were wounded in recent violence:
At a protest near the Qurna oil filed, two civilians and two security personnel were wounded after protesters made an attempt to enter the oil field. Security personnel fired live rounds into the air. Protesters responded by throwing stones.
Gunmen assassinated the sheikh of the al-Ibrahim clan in Dhi Qar province.
In Bani Saad, a blast wounded a farmer on a motorbike.
A village mukhtar was wounded when a bomb exploded near Daquq.
One militant was killed and two were wounded in an airstrike near Albu Jum’a.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018