At least five people were killed, and 24 others were wounded in recent violence:
At a protest near the Qurna oil filed, two civilians and two security personnel were wounded after protesters made an attempt to enter the oil field. Security personnel fired live rounds into the air. Protesters responded by throwing stones.
Gunmen assassinated the sheikh of the al-Ibrahim clan in Dhi Qar province.
In Bani Saad, a blast wounded a farmer on a motorbike.
A village mukhtar was wounded when a bomb exploded near Daquq.
One militant was killed and two were wounded in an airstrike near Albu Jum’a.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018