At least five people were killed, and 24 others were wounded in recent violence:
At a protest near the Qurna oil filed, two civilians and two security personnel were wounded after protesters made an attempt to enter the oil field. Security personnel fired live rounds into the air. Protesters responded by throwing stones.
Gunmen assassinated the sheikh of the al-Ibrahim clan in Dhi Qar province.
In Bani Saad, a blast wounded a farmer on a motorbike.
A village mukhtar was wounded when a bomb exploded near Daquq.
One militant was killed and two were wounded in an airstrike near Albu Jum’a.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019