At least five people were killed, and 24 others were wounded in recent violence:
At a protest near the Qurna oil filed, two civilians and two security personnel were wounded after protesters made an attempt to enter the oil field. Security personnel fired live rounds into the air. Protesters responded by throwing stones.
Gunmen assassinated the sheikh of the al-Ibrahim clan in Dhi Qar province.
In Bani Saad, a blast wounded a farmer on a motorbike.
A village mukhtar was wounded when a bomb exploded near Daquq.
One militant was killed and two were wounded in an airstrike near Albu Jum’a.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Near Kirkuk; 27 Killed in Iraq – January 23rd, 2019
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019