Overall, at least 18 people were killed or found dead:
In Khalis, a farmer’s body was discovered.
An airstrike left nine militants dead in Hit.
Two militants were killed in Baiji.
Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi claimed that only 100 protesters were arrested recently, but added that more will be arrested if violence continues.
Villagers in Meruk, Kurdistan, fled their homes after Turkish warplanes dropped bombs too close to their homes. The airstrikes are part of an operation against Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) guerrillas hiding in the region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019