Overall, at least 18 people were killed or found dead:
In Khalis, a farmer’s body was discovered.
An airstrike left nine militants dead in Hit.
Two militants were killed in Baiji.
Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi claimed that only 100 protesters were arrested recently, but added that more will be arrested if violence continues.
Villagers in Meruk, Kurdistan, fled their homes after Turkish warplanes dropped bombs too close to their homes. The airstrikes are part of an operation against Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) guerrillas hiding in the region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019