At least 37 people were killed and one other was wounded in recent violence:
Reports of Islamic State kidnappings increased this week. At least 46 victims have been kidnapped in the Mosul area, and 20 deaths were reported. Shi’ite militiamen separately discovered another seven bodies near Mosul. The militants also abducted 30 members of the Shammar tribe in Dour. So far, seven bodies have been recovered there. Three people were abducted in Rutba, and another three people are also missing from Sinjar. Earlier in the week, kidnappings were reported in Shirqat and on a highway between Kirkuk and Baghdad. The highway incident has claimed a third life; the deaths of two truckers had previously been reported.
A bomb in Albu Issa killed a woman and injured a relative.
A sniper killed a policeman in Abu Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018