At least 37 people were killed and one other was wounded in recent violence:
Reports of Islamic State kidnappings increased this week. At least 46 victims have been kidnapped in the Mosul area, and 20 deaths were reported. Shi’ite militiamen separately discovered another seven bodies near Mosul. The militants also abducted 30 members of the Shammar tribe in Dour. So far, seven bodies have been recovered there. Three people were abducted in Rutba, and another three people are also missing from Sinjar. Earlier in the week, kidnappings were reported in Shirqat and on a highway between Kirkuk and Baghdad. The highway incident has claimed a third life; the deaths of two truckers had previously been reported.
A bomb in Albu Issa killed a woman and injured a relative.
A sniper killed a policeman in Abu Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018