At least 37 people were killed and one other was wounded in recent violence:
Reports of Islamic State kidnappings increased this week. At least 46 victims have been kidnapped in the Mosul area, and 20 deaths were reported. Shi’ite militiamen separately discovered another seven bodies near Mosul. The militants also abducted 30 members of the Shammar tribe in Dour. So far, seven bodies have been recovered there. Three people were abducted in Rutba, and another three people are also missing from Sinjar. Earlier in the week, kidnappings were reported in Shirqat and on a highway between Kirkuk and Baghdad. The highway incident has claimed a third life; the deaths of two truckers had previously been reported.
A bomb in Albu Issa killed a woman and injured a relative.
A sniper killed a policeman in Abu Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019