At least 28 people were killed and seven were wounded in recent violence. Forty bodies were also found:
In Owanait, a mukhtar was assassinated.
A sniper wounded a militiaman in Qahtuniya.
On June 12, Turkish jets targeted Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) camps in the Qandil Mountains. The strikes left 26 guerrillas dead.
A mass grave containing the bodies of 40 militants was found in Qayara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018