At least 28 people were killed and seven were wounded in recent violence. Forty bodies were also found:
In Owanait, a mukhtar was assassinated.
A sniper wounded a militiaman in Qahtuniya.
On June 12, Turkish jets targeted Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) camps in the Qandil Mountains. The strikes left 26 guerrillas dead.
A mass grave containing the bodies of 40 militants was found in Qayara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019