At least 21 people were killed, and five were wounded in recent violence. Forty-three bodies were recovered:
In Mosul, clashes between federal police Shi’ite militia forces left a militiaman and a federal police officer dead. Five security personnel were wounded. Meanwhile, rescue crews found 43 bodies buried in rubble.
Eleven militants were killed in Hawija.
Airstrikes near Hit left eight ISIS militants dead.
In other news: After allegations of fraud stemming from the May 12 parliamentary election, the Iraqi Parliament has voted to toss out votes from internally displaced citizens, except in Nineveh, and those who cast their votes overseas. It has also instructed the Iraqi Independent High Electoral Commission to manually recount ten percent of ballots to determine if there is enough reason to order a full recount.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019