At least 12 people were killed and four were wounded in recent attacks:
Three Iraqi soldiers were wounded in an ISIS attack at the Syrian border.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Madaen.
In Zab, eight militants were killed in an airstrike.
Operations in Rashad left four militants dead.
In other news:
Denmark announced a gradual drawdown of its 60 special forces troops in Iraq that will end later this year.
On Thursday, the United Nations joined the chorus, demanding that Baghdad investigate all complaints related to the May 12 parliamentary elections. Among the complaints, many people say they were turned away from the polls, while others think the voting was rigged. The U.N. also called on the electoral commission to conduct any recounts with complete transparency.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018