At least 12 people were killed and four were wounded in recent attacks:
Three Iraqi soldiers were wounded in an ISIS attack at the Syrian border.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Madaen.
In Zab, eight militants were killed in an airstrike.
Operations in Rashad left four militants dead.
In other news:
Denmark announced a gradual drawdown of its 60 special forces troops in Iraq that will end later this year.
On Thursday, the United Nations joined the chorus, demanding that Baghdad investigate all complaints related to the May 12 parliamentary elections. Among the complaints, many people say they were turned away from the polls, while others think the voting was rigged. The U.N. also called on the electoral commission to conduct any recounts with complete transparency.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018