At least seven people were killed, and two were wounded in other violence:
A homemade “landmine” killed two girls and wounded a third girl, who were on their way to primary school in Nasariya. A suspect was arrested.
A young man was stabbed to death over campaign posters in Sadr City.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019