At least seven people were killed, and two were wounded in other violence:
A homemade “landmine” killed two girls and wounded a third girl, who were on their way to primary school in Nasariya. A suspect was arrested.
A young man was stabbed to death over campaign posters in Sadr City.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019