Sixty people were recovered from a mass grave. At least 20 people were killed, and three were wounded in recent violence:
Authorities in Mosul uncovered a mass grave containing the bodies of 60 militants.
A roadside bomb killed two people and wounded another in Rashad.
At a Zaiden market, a bomb wounded two civilians.
Eighteen militants were killed as they tried to cross over from Syria near Rabeaa.
In other news:
Iraqi operations within Syria continued on Saturday. Army artillery units stationed near Qaim shelled militant targets across the border.
In the U.S. State Department’s 2017 Human Rights Report, researchers found that Baghdad’s “reassertion of federal authority in disputed areas” led to “abuses and atrocities by the security forces.” Previously, the U.S. government had avoided criticizing the Iraqi government.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018