Sixty people were recovered from a mass grave. At least 20 people were killed, and three were wounded in recent violence:
Authorities in Mosul uncovered a mass grave containing the bodies of 60 militants.
A roadside bomb killed two people and wounded another in Rashad.
At a Zaiden market, a bomb wounded two civilians.
Eighteen militants were killed as they tried to cross over from Syria near Rabeaa.
In other news:
Iraqi operations within Syria continued on Saturday. Army artillery units stationed near Qaim shelled militant targets across the border.
In the U.S. State Department’s 2017 Human Rights Report, researchers found that Baghdad’s “reassertion of federal authority in disputed areas” led to “abuses and atrocities by the security forces.” Previously, the U.S. government had avoided criticizing the Iraqi government.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018