At least 52 people were killed, and 34 were wounded:
The Ministry of Justice announced the executions of 13 people. Eleven of them were prosecuted on terror charges.
In Mosul, two bombs exploded at the al-Maash market, killing five and wounding 11 people.
Twenty people were wounded when a hand grenade was tossed at a home in Ramadi.
Along the Syria border west of Mosul, security forces killed 22 militants.
Security forces killed seven militants in Imam Weis by using an explosive device.
In Baghdad, no casualties were reported after an assassination attempt on an election candidate.
Clashes took place on a highway between Kirkuk and Baghdad, but casualties were not yet reported.
In other news:
Amnesty International issued a report on the dire situation of Iraqi women and children linked to Islamic State militants. Their treatment is perceived as punishment for being members of former ISIS/Daesh families. As well as being preventing from leaving displacements camps in order to return home, many women report being denied humanitarian aid. A number say they have been raped or otherwise sexually exploited.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019