At least 63 people were killed, and 11 more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave in Sinjar gave up 15 bodies belonging to Yazidi victims.
Five border policemen were killed in near Karkush military base in Diyala province.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four civilians.
Security forces killed seven militants in Shirqat.
Airstrikes in the Hamrin Mountains killed six militants.
Near Qaim, airstrikes left six militants dead.
Four militants were killed in an operation in Muqdadiya.
At least two militants were killed in Shirqat.
In Tarmiya, two suicide bombers were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018