The United Nations believes that about 8.7 million Iraqis are currently in need of humanitarian aid. However, it will focus its limited resources on assisting about two million displaced persons return home.
At least 46 people were killed, and 11 more were wounded in recent violence:
Between Rawah and Anah, an old bomb killed a policeman and wounded three others.
Gunmen killed a traffic policeman as he was driving in Baghdad.
In Taji, a bomb left five civilians with injuries.
Thirty militants were killed during operations southwest of Kirkuk.
A clash in Metabijh left four militants dead.
In Alton Kupri, security forces killed three militants.
Two suicide bombers were killed near Jurf al-Sakr (Nasr).
Security forces killed two suicide bombers north of Baquba.
A suicide bomber was killed in Hafayer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018