The United Nations believes that about 8.7 million Iraqis are currently in need of humanitarian aid. However, it will focus its limited resources on assisting about two million displaced persons return home.
At least 46 people were killed, and 11 more were wounded in recent violence:
Between Rawah and Anah, an old bomb killed a policeman and wounded three others.
Gunmen killed a traffic policeman as he was driving in Baghdad.
In Taji, a bomb left five civilians with injuries.
Thirty militants were killed during operations southwest of Kirkuk.
A clash in Metabijh left four militants dead.
In Alton Kupri, security forces killed three militants.
Two suicide bombers were killed near Jurf al-Sakr (Nasr).
Security forces killed two suicide bombers north of Baquba.
A suicide bomber was killed in Hafayer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018