The Director-General of the Planning Ministry, Qusay Abdulfattah, warns that rebuilding Iraq will cost over $88 billion. He and other officials spoke at the International Conference for the Reconstruction of Iraq in Kuwait.
Separately, the United States Department of Defense requested $1.4 billion to continue anti-Islamic State programs in Iraq and Syria.
At least nine people were killed, and 12 were wounded:
One person was killed and two more were wounded when old explosives were set off in Mazraa.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian and wounded his wife near Adhaim.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a man.
Four people were injured when a bomb exploded in Latifiya.
In Abbara, a bomb wounded an official and his uncle.
Two militants were killed in Mosul.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish Town Strikes Against Deteriorating Security; 24 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2018
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018