The Director-General of the Planning Ministry, Qusay Abdulfattah, warns that rebuilding Iraq will cost over $88 billion. He and other officials spoke at the International Conference for the Reconstruction of Iraq in Kuwait.
Separately, the United States Department of Defense requested $1.4 billion to continue anti-Islamic State programs in Iraq and Syria.
At least nine people were killed, and 12 were wounded:
One person was killed and two more were wounded when old explosives were set off in Mazraa.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian and wounded his wife near Adhaim.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a man.
Four people were injured when a bomb exploded in Latifiya.
In Abbara, a bomb wounded an official and his uncle.
Two militants were killed in Mosul.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018
- Baghdad Targeted for Small Attacks; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2018
- Landmine Kills Peshmerga Member; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2018