Following a Supreme Court decision that eliminates the possibility of delaying elections, Parliament set May 12 as the date for national elections. The Iraqi Constitution requires elections to occur no later than 45 days before the end of the term.
At least 15 people were killed, and seven were wounded:
A bomb in Rawah killed two people and wounded four more, all from the same family.
The body of a woman bearing gunshots and torture wounds was discovered in Hammam al-Alil.
Gunmen in Kanaan wounded a man who works security at Parliament.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in the Zab region, near Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019