Following a Supreme Court decision that eliminates the possibility of delaying elections, Parliament set May 12 as the date for national elections. The Iraqi Constitution requires elections to occur no later than 45 days before the end of the term.
At least 15 people were killed, and seven were wounded:
A bomb in Rawah killed two people and wounded four more, all from the same family.
The body of a woman bearing gunshots and torture wounds was discovered in Hammam al-Alil.
Gunmen in Kanaan wounded a man who works security at Parliament.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in the Zab region, near Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018