Following a Supreme Court decision that eliminates the possibility of delaying elections, Parliament set May 12 as the date for national elections. The Iraqi Constitution requires elections to occur no later than 45 days before the end of the term.
At least 15 people were killed, and seven were wounded:
A bomb in Rawah killed two people and wounded four more, all from the same family.
The body of a woman bearing gunshots and torture wounds was discovered in Hammam al-Alil.
Gunmen in Kanaan wounded a man who works security at Parliament.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in the Zab region, near Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018