Following a Supreme Court decision that eliminates the possibility of delaying elections, Parliament set May 12 as the date for national elections. The Iraqi Constitution requires elections to occur no later than 45 days before the end of the term.
At least 15 people were killed, and seven were wounded:
A bomb in Rawah killed two people and wounded four more, all from the same family.
The body of a woman bearing gunshots and torture wounds was discovered in Hammam al-Alil.
Gunmen in Kanaan wounded a man who works security at Parliament.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in the Zab region, near Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Truck Drivers at Border; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2018
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018