Turkmen officials have threatened to boycott May elections in areas still under Shi’ite militia control.
Mosul continues to stink due to the large number of corpses still littering the streets.
At least 10 people were killed, and 11 were wounded:
Clashes left two policemen and three militants dead in Hammam al-Alil, south of Mosul.
A bomb at a Madaen fish market left one dead and four wounded.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a man near his Qahira home. A bomb wounded a public servant in Ghazaliya. Another bomb, in Hor Rajab, wounded a civilian. A suicide bomber was killed in an agricultural area.
Four people were wounded by a blast in Mamoudiya.
In Iskandariya, gunmen wounded a militia leader.
A military operation in Samarra left two suicide bombers dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018