The United Nations is reporting that the number of Iraqi refugees who have returned or are in the process of returning home now exceeds the number of refugees who remain displaced at camps or other lodgings.
Yazidis celebrated the restoration of a temple destroyed by Islamic State militants in Bashiqa.
At least nine people were killed, and four more were wounded in recent violence:
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018