The United Nations human rights office reiterated its concerns about Tuz Khormato. Unknown parties are shelling residential areas of the city; however, the Iraqi government is investigating. The rights office also expressed its shock at the latest mass execution. The U.N. believes that, so far, at least 106 executions took place this year.
At least 15 people were killed or executed, and 12 people were wounded:
Two militiamen were killed in Samarra, but no details were given.
A bomb near an Abu Ghraib market wounded five people.
In Muqdadiya, a bomb wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019