The United Nations human rights office reiterated its concerns about Tuz Khormato. Unknown parties are shelling residential areas of the city; however, the Iraqi government is investigating. The rights office also expressed its shock at the latest mass execution. The U.N. believes that, so far, at least 106 executions took place this year.
At least 15 people were killed or executed, and 12 people were wounded:
Two militiamen were killed in Samarra, but no details were given.
A bomb near an Abu Ghraib market wounded five people.
In Muqdadiya, a bomb wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018