A spokesman for the Harakat Hezbollah al Nujaba, one of the militias fighting within the Popular Mobilization Forces, said the group has promised to give up its heavy weapons once ISIS/Daesh is defeated.
At least 15 people were killed or found dead, and four were wounded:
A P.U.K. leader was shot dead and his son was wounded in Khanaqin. Hussein Mohammed Maarouf was killed was returning to his home in the Qulai district. The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan is one of the political parties in Kurdistan.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded three others.
A bomb killed a militia commander in the Hamrin Hills.
In Mosul, seven militants were killed.
Three militants blew themselves up near the Syrian border.
In Nineveh, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Oil Field; 208 Killed in Iraq – February 24th, 2018
- Bodies Found Under Rubble; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2018
- ISIS Attacks Truck Drivers at Border; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2018
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018