Peshmerga forces are reinforcing their positions in the Hawija.
At least 49 others were killed and 12 were wounded in recent violence:
In Taji, a civilian was killed and two soldiers were wounded when a bomb was left under a car.
A bomb in Hamman al-Alil killed a civilian and wounded three police.
A bomb wounded five Peshmerga in Chami Rokhana.
Turkish airstrikes killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in Zab.
Two security personnel were wounded in an I.E.D. attack in Falahat.
In Malla Jasem and Ebrat Aziz, up to 20 militants were killed.
An airstrike killed 10 militants in Rawah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019