Peshmerga forces are reinforcing their positions in the Hawija.
At least 49 others were killed and 12 were wounded in recent violence:
In Taji, a civilian was killed and two soldiers were wounded when a bomb was left under a car.
A bomb in Hamman al-Alil killed a civilian and wounded three police.
A bomb wounded five Peshmerga in Chami Rokhana.
Turkish airstrikes killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in Zab.
Two security personnel were wounded in an I.E.D. attack in Falahat.
In Malla Jasem and Ebrat Aziz, up to 20 militants were killed.
An airstrike killed 10 militants in Rawah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019