Uncounted bodies continue to float down the Tigris River in northern Iraq, towards Qayara and beyond. But, the concern is that they aren’t coming from Mosul. Booms placed in the river should be stopping the bodies before they reach Qayara. Some analysts believe Iraqi forces are performing extrajudicial executions of militants and dumping their victims in the river. The real question is whether civilians will soon begin their own revenge killings.
In Mosul, the task of collecting the hundreds, if not thousands, of dead bodies littering the streets and trapped under rubble has begun. However, few men with fewer tools and even less funding are attempting to do this staggering work in the heat of summer.
At least 44 people were killed and 10 were wounded:
Two people were wounded in a blast in Sherwin.
In Mosul, security forces found a wounded child who is from Chechnya. The parents were presumably militants.
Eighteen militants were killed in air strikes against Imam Gharbi.
Strikes on Qaim left over a dozen militants dead.
Five suicide bombers were killed in Garma.
Security forces killed three militants in Yusufiya.
Two militants were killed in Imam Weis.
In Tarmiya, two suicide bombers were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018