Officials surveying Mosul believe reconstruction could take as little as five years but cost billions of dollars.
A spokesman for the tribal force Hashd al-Ashayari, Qatari Sarmad, said that dozens of people fleeing the Islamic State probably died in the deserts of Anbar province.
At least 41 were killed and 10 were wounded in recent violence:
Turkish strikes on Amedi left one civilian dead and five wounded.
A teacher was killed in a sticky bomb blast in Abu Ghraib.
A suicide bomber was killed in Tarmiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Third Bombing Against Sadr Bloc Offices; 40 Killed, 19 Bodies Found in Iraq – May 25th, 2018
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018