Officials surveying Mosul believe reconstruction could take as little as five years but cost billions of dollars.
A spokesman for the tribal force Hashd al-Ashayari, Qatari Sarmad, said that dozens of people fleeing the Islamic State probably died in the deserts of Anbar province.
At least 41 were killed and 10 were wounded in recent violence:
Turkish strikes on Amedi left one civilian dead and five wounded.
A teacher was killed in a sticky bomb blast in Abu Ghraib.
A suicide bomber was killed in Tarmiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018