Officials surveying Mosul believe reconstruction could take as little as five years but cost billions of dollars.
A spokesman for the tribal force Hashd al-Ashayari, Qatari Sarmad, said that dozens of people fleeing the Islamic State probably died in the deserts of Anbar province.
At least 41 were killed and 10 were wounded in recent violence:
Turkish strikes on Amedi left one civilian dead and five wounded.
A teacher was killed in a sticky bomb blast in Abu Ghraib.
A suicide bomber was killed in Tarmiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019