Officials surveying Mosul believe reconstruction could take as little as five years but cost billions of dollars.
A spokesman for the tribal force Hashd al-Ashayari, Qatari Sarmad, said that dozens of people fleeing the Islamic State probably died in the deserts of Anbar province.
At least 41 were killed and 10 were wounded in recent violence:
Turkish strikes on Amedi left one civilian dead and five wounded.
A teacher was killed in a sticky bomb blast in Abu Ghraib.
A suicide bomber was killed in Tarmiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018