According to Federal police commander Lieutenant General Raed Shakir Jawdat, Iraqi forces have advanced within Mosul’s Old City, seizing al-Basha Mosque and the Bab al-Saray market, as well as capturing Nineveh Ahli Hospital.
At least 63 were killed and seven were wounded:
In Mosul, eight civilians were killed and four were wounded, mostly women and children, when a pair a car bombs exploded in Yarmouk. A suicide bomber driving a bulldozer killed 10 soldiers and wounded several more on Wednesday. Eighteen militants were killed.
Nine civilians were executed for trying to escape Riyadh.
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded two more at a Suwaib market.
In Bashir, a bomb wounded a shepherd.
Nine militants were killed in an airstrike near Badush.
Militiamen securing Jalam Samarra killed seven militants and wounded 16 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Activist Assassinated; 21 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2018
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018