According to Federal police commander Lieutenant General Raed Shakir Jawdat, Iraqi forces have advanced within Mosul’s Old City, seizing al-Basha Mosque and the Bab al-Saray market, as well as capturing Nineveh Ahli Hospital.
At least 63 were killed and seven were wounded:
In Mosul, eight civilians were killed and four were wounded, mostly women and children, when a pair a car bombs exploded in Yarmouk. A suicide bomber driving a bulldozer killed 10 soldiers and wounded several more on Wednesday. Eighteen militants were killed.
Nine civilians were executed for trying to escape Riyadh.
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded two more at a Suwaib market.
In Bashir, a bomb wounded a shepherd.
Nine militants were killed in an airstrike near Badush.
Militiamen securing Jalam Samarra killed seven militants and wounded 16 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019