According to Federal police commander Lieutenant General Raed Shakir Jawdat, Iraqi forces have advanced within Mosul’s Old City, seizing al-Basha Mosque and the Bab al-Saray market, as well as capturing Nineveh Ahli Hospital.
At least 63 were killed and seven were wounded:
In Mosul, eight civilians were killed and four were wounded, mostly women and children, when a pair a car bombs exploded in Yarmouk. A suicide bomber driving a bulldozer killed 10 soldiers and wounded several more on Wednesday. Eighteen militants were killed.
Nine civilians were executed for trying to escape Riyadh.
A bomb in Baghdad killed one person and wounded two more at a Suwaib market.
In Bashir, a bomb wounded a shepherd.
Nine militants were killed in an airstrike near Badush.
Militiamen securing Jalam Samarra killed seven militants and wounded 16 more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Near Kirkuk; 27 Killed in Iraq – January 23rd, 2019
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019