Although east Mosul has been liberated, Islamic State militants are firing mortars from the occupied western districts, forcing hundreds of residents to flee their homes in recently recaptured neighborhoods. There are reports of casualties.
Human Rights Watch issued a warning concerning the disappearances of men fleeing the fighting in Mosul. As in other recaptured cities, Shi’ite militias are being accused of detaining men at secret locations under the guise of determining whether or not the men belong to ISIS/Daesh.
At least 51 were killed and 34 more were wounded:
Five people were executed in Hawija for collaborating with security forces.
A bomb in Abu Ghraib killed an employee of the electricity ministry.
A barber was wounded in a blast outside his Mussayab shop.
Twelve militants were killed in Dibs.
Three militants were killed in Qaim during an argument over money.
A rocket attack on Tal Afar killed a militant leader who was in charge of Yazidi slaves.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019