Islamic State militants arrested 60 people in Mosul for disobeying orders. The arrestees were detained while trying to visit cemeteries and mosques on the first day of Eid al-Adha. However, the militants had earlier declared that the Eid will be observed starting Tuesday, and anyone disobeying these orders would be arrested and flogged. The rest of the Islamic world began celebrating the Eid on Monday. It is unclear why ISIS/Daesh did not.
At least 167 militants were killed and seven were wounded:
Over 100 militants were killed in airstrikes in the Albirari areas.
An accidental explosion killed 26 militants and wounded seven more in Ghazlani. Civilian casualties were also reported.
In Sinjar, strikes left 25 militants dead.
At least 16 militants were killed during a failed attack on Qayara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018
- Baghdad Targeted for Small Attacks; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2018
- Home Invasion and Bomb Rattle Town near Balad; Nine Killed Across Iraq – February 12th, 2018
- Landmine Kills Peshmerga Member; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2018