Three millions pilgrims visited Samarra without a major incident. They were there to observe the anniversary of the martyrdom of Imam Hassan Askari.
Canadian Minister of Defense Harjit Sajjan visited troops who are training security forces near the front lines in Khazar. Meanwhile, Canada denied accusations that Canadian jets bombed Iraqi security personnel in last week’s friendly fire incident.
At least 114 were killed and 17 were wounded:
Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a blast in Taji.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb on a policeman’s personal car left one dead and three wounded, all off-duty policemen.
A bomb wounded four people in Mahmoudiya.
Security forces in Falluja killed 53 militants.
In Samarra, security forces killed 19 militants.
In Baaj, militants executed six of their leaders who were trying to flee to Syria.
A security operation in Saniya left two militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Car Bomb Rattles Tikrit; 19 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2018
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018