Three millions pilgrims visited Samarra without a major incident. They were there to observe the anniversary of the martyrdom of Imam Hassan Askari.
Canadian Minister of Defense Harjit Sajjan visited troops who are training security forces near the front lines in Khazar. Meanwhile, Canada denied accusations that Canadian jets bombed Iraqi security personnel in last week’s friendly fire incident.
At least 114 were killed and 17 were wounded:
Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a blast in Taji.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb on a policeman’s personal car left one dead and three wounded, all off-duty policemen.
A bomb wounded four people in Mahmoudiya.
Security forces in Falluja killed 53 militants.
In Samarra, security forces killed 19 militants.
In Baaj, militants executed six of their leaders who were trying to flee to Syria.
A security operation in Saniya left two militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019