Gunfire erupted at a television station last night in Baghdad when a political dispute between M.P. Kadhim al-Sayadi of the State of Law bloc and Baligh Abu Gallal, who is a Citizen’s Bloc spokesman, got out of hand. No casualties were reported.
Turkish warplanes bombes suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Zakho.
At least 112 were killed and 35 were wounded:
A roadside bomb killed nine Peshmerga and wounded four more in Hardan.
In Baghdad, a bombing left two dead and seven wounded in the Wardiya neighborhood.
A Coalition strike on a mosque in Rutba left 11 wounded, including a child and an elderly man.
In Madaen a blast wounded five people.
In Qaim, security forces killed 37 militants.
A dozen militants were killed in an airstrike on Qayara.
In the Makhoul Mountains, nine militants were killed.
Ten militants were killed in Khazar.
Eight militants were killed in Shirqat.
Yazidi gunmen killed three militants and wounded eight more near Sinjar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018