French airstrikes destroyed what the French believe was a militant command center in Tal Afar.
A worker at Tuz Khormato General Hospital claimed Shi’ite militias had taken over the hospital and arrested 25 workers. Kurdish security personnel rescued them.
Bashar Kiki, the head of Nineveh’s provincial council warned that Sinjar will need $100 million for basic reconstruction before displaced residents have any hope of returning.
At least 166 were killed and eight were wounded:
A blast in Baghdad left one person dead and seven wounded.
In Mandali, a bomb wounded a policeman.
Twelve militants were killed in an artillery attack on Tuz Khormato.
Strikes on Qayara killed 10 militants.
An airstrike on Subaihat left six militants dead.
In Mosul, gunmen killed five militants, including and intelligence officer.
Peshmerga shelling left three militants dead in Bartala.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018