French airstrikes destroyed what the French believe was a militant command center in Tal Afar.
A worker at Tuz Khormato General Hospital claimed Shi’ite militias had taken over the hospital and arrested 25 workers. Kurdish security personnel rescued them.
Bashar Kiki, the head of Nineveh’s provincial council warned that Sinjar will need $100 million for basic reconstruction before displaced residents have any hope of returning.
At least 166 were killed and eight were wounded:
A blast in Baghdad left one person dead and seven wounded.
In Mandali, a bomb wounded a policeman.
Twelve militants were killed in an artillery attack on Tuz Khormato.
Strikes on Qayara killed 10 militants.
An airstrike on Subaihat left six militants dead.
In Mosul, gunmen killed five militants, including and intelligence officer.
Peshmerga shelling left three militants dead in Bartala.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019