Protestors sparred with police in Iraqi Kurdistan on Thursday. Although demonstrations have taken place for several days, a meeting between five Kurdish parties appears to have heightened the tensions today. Delayed paychecks and releated economic woes are the main causes of the protests.
At least 131 were killed and 42 were wounded:
In Nineveh province, militants executed four men by tossing them off high buildings. The men were accused of being homosexual.
Gunmen killed an intelligence officer and his bodyguard in Kirkuk.
Militants abducted 200 people in Kirkuk, claiming they had cooperated with security forces.
In Makhmour, a roadside bomb killed 21 militants and wounded three more.
Fifteen militants were killed in Albu Aitha and Albu Faraj.
Nine militants were killed and six were wounded during operations in Garma.
Rockets killed nine militants in the Madyaq area.
Five militants were killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019