The head of the Badr Organization, Hadi al-Ameri, claimed that Iraq is courting Russia because the United States is not serious about fighting the Islamic State militants. A U.S. spokesman rebuffed the complaint, saying the U.S. has spent about $2.3 billion on the effort so far.
Hundreds of Yazidi women may have committed suicide while in the custody of the Islamic State militants.
At least 191 were killed and 116 were wounded:
Militants executed 70 members of the Albu Nimr tribe in Khanizir, supposedly because they have relatives serving in the security forces.
Eleven people were killed and 30 were wounded when a bomb exploded at a market in Zubayr. The town, which is near Basra, rarely suffers from such bombings.
Militants in Kbeibah killed three women and a man who were trying to escape DAASH territory.
A roadside bomb in Mansouriya wounded two Peshmerga members.
Twenty militants were killed in Qaim.
In Ramadi, seven militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019
- Five Killed in Iraq, Including Security Personnel – February 11th, 2019