Analysts believe the chances of a successful operation on Mosul are slim without first retaking Baiji and Ramadi.
At least 38 were killed and 23 were wounded:
A bomb planted in a cemetery in Madaen left one dead and three wounded.
Seventeen militants were killed in airstrikes in and around Hawija and Rashad.
Airstrikes in Malahma and Tel Msheihda left 20 militants dead and 20 wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019