Analysts believe the chances of a successful operation on Mosul are slim without first retaking Baiji and Ramadi.
At least 38 were killed and 23 were wounded:
A bomb planted in a cemetery in Madaen left one dead and three wounded.
Seventeen militants were killed in airstrikes in and around Hawija and Rashad.
Airstrikes in Malahma and Tel Msheihda left 20 militants dead and 20 wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019