According to International Organization for Migration, the number of internally displaced Iraqis has now surpassed three million. About 20 percent of the refugees are in living arrangements that are considered “critical.”
At least 81 people were killed and 82 more were wounded:
Four soldiers were killed and two militiamen were wounded during clashes in Saqlawiya.
Unknown assailants killed two militiamen in Ilam.
Fourteen militants were killed in clashes in Juba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018