According to International Organization for Migration, the number of internally displaced Iraqis has now surpassed three million. About 20 percent of the refugees are in living arrangements that are considered “critical.”
At least 81 people were killed and 82 more were wounded:
Four soldiers were killed and two militiamen were wounded during clashes in Saqlawiya.
Unknown assailants killed two militiamen in Ilam.
Fourteen militants were killed in clashes in Juba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018