Fighting continues in Anbar province, but at least 177 were killed and 75 were wounded across Iraq.
Six people were killed and nine were wounded when an unidentified warplane attacked Qaim.
A clash in Baiji killed a dozen security personnel and a dozen militants. Ten security personnel were wounded. A booby-trap in a home killed four militiamen.
In Mosul, militants executed 17 fishermen for not sharing their catches, and 14 of their own personnel. An imam was also executed. Hundreds of shop owners were arrested for failure to pay a “religious tax” to the Islamic State militants. An airstrike left 28 militants dead and 13 wounded.
Security forces killed 27 militants during the liberation of Tash.
In Mtabijh, nine militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018