M.P. Shakhawan Abdullah, head of Parliament’s Security and Defense Committee, called the 30,000 Iranian forces are operating in Iraq a threat to national sovereignty. Nearly echoing the Kurdish lawmaker’s complaint, C.I.A. Director John Brennan warned that these forces are contributing to the destabilization of the country.
At least 1,152 Kurdish security members have been killed in the fighting so far. Another 5,600 have been wounded.
At least 114 were killed and 16 were wounded in recent violence.
A rocket attack in al-Baghdadi left two people dead and five wounded.
A roadside bomber in Askari killed a child.
Gunmen killed a farmer in Abbara.
A policeman was wounded in a drive-by shooting in Iskandariya.
Militants in Sinjar blew up a minaret used by the Yazidis. Six militants were killed and two more were wounded.
In Dijla, 70 militants were killed.
Security forces killed 10 militants in the Thar Thar region.
In Garma, four militants were killed.
Security forces killed three suicide bombers in Saqlawiya.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Baiji.
Many militants were killed in al-Ta’mim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019