M.P. Shakhawan Abdullah, head of Parliament’s Security and Defense Committee, called the 30,000 Iranian forces are operating in Iraq a threat to national sovereignty. Nearly echoing the Kurdish lawmaker’s complaint, C.I.A. Director John Brennan warned that these forces are contributing to the destabilization of the country.
At least 1,152 Kurdish security members have been killed in the fighting so far. Another 5,600 have been wounded.
At least 114 were killed and 16 were wounded in recent violence.
A rocket attack in al-Baghdadi left two people dead and five wounded.
A roadside bomber in Askari killed a child.
Gunmen killed a farmer in Abbara.
A policeman was wounded in a drive-by shooting in Iskandariya.
Militants in Sinjar blew up a minaret used by the Yazidis. Six militants were killed and two more were wounded.
In Dijla, 70 militants were killed.
Security forces killed 10 militants in the Thar Thar region.
In Garma, four militants were killed.
Security forces killed three suicide bombers in Saqlawiya.
Two suicide bombers were killed in Baiji.
Many militants were killed in al-Ta’mim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019