At least 226 were killed in recent fighting. Few of these fatalities were in the Tikrit area, so the figure is likely to be much higher. However, at least 300 bodies were found in a pair of mass graves there. At least 42 people were wounded.
Over 300 bodies were found in two mass graves near Abu Ajil. They may belong to soldiers massacred at Camp Speicher last summer.
Security forces freed 34 kidnapping victims in the Hamrin Hills area.
At least 101 militants were killed in Garma.
In Subhayat, 27 militants were killed.
In Samara, 18 militants were killed.
Fifteen militants were killed during an attack on Sinjar.
Eleven militants were killed in Jibba.
In Alam, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018