At least 226 were killed in recent fighting. Few of these fatalities were in the Tikrit area, so the figure is likely to be much higher. However, at least 300 bodies were found in a pair of mass graves there. At least 42 people were wounded.
Over 300 bodies were found in two mass graves near Abu Ajil. They may belong to soldiers massacred at Camp Speicher last summer.
Security forces freed 34 kidnapping victims in the Hamrin Hills area.
At least 101 militants were killed in Garma.
In Subhayat, 27 militants were killed.
In Samara, 18 militants were killed.
Fifteen militants were killed during an attack on Sinjar.
Eleven militants were killed in Jibba.
In Alam, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018