At least 226 were killed in recent fighting. Few of these fatalities were in the Tikrit area, so the figure is likely to be much higher. However, at least 300 bodies were found in a pair of mass graves there. At least 42 people were wounded.
Over 300 bodies were found in two mass graves near Abu Ajil. They may belong to soldiers massacred at Camp Speicher last summer.
Security forces freed 34 kidnapping victims in the Hamrin Hills area.
At least 101 militants were killed in Garma.
In Subhayat, 27 militants were killed.
In Samara, 18 militants were killed.
Fifteen militants were killed during an attack on Sinjar.
Eleven militants were killed in Jibba.
In Alam, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Truck Drivers at Border; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2018
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018