At least 226 were killed in recent fighting. Few of these fatalities were in the Tikrit area, so the figure is likely to be much higher. However, at least 300 bodies were found in a pair of mass graves there. At least 42 people were wounded.
Over 300 bodies were found in two mass graves near Abu Ajil. They may belong to soldiers massacred at Camp Speicher last summer.
Security forces freed 34 kidnapping victims in the Hamrin Hills area.
At least 101 militants were killed in Garma.
In Subhayat, 27 militants were killed.
In Samara, 18 militants were killed.
Fifteen militants were killed during an attack on Sinjar.
Eleven militants were killed in Jibba.
In Alam, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Near Kirkuk; 27 Killed in Iraq – January 23rd, 2019
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019