At least 226 were killed in recent fighting. Few of these fatalities were in the Tikrit area, so the figure is likely to be much higher. However, at least 300 bodies were found in a pair of mass graves there. At least 42 people were wounded.
Over 300 bodies were found in two mass graves near Abu Ajil. They may belong to soldiers massacred at Camp Speicher last summer.
Security forces freed 34 kidnapping victims in the Hamrin Hills area.
At least 101 militants were killed in Garma.
In Subhayat, 27 militants were killed.
In Samara, 18 militants were killed.
Fifteen militants were killed during an attack on Sinjar.
Eleven militants were killed in Jibba.
In Alam, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018