At least 102 people and 40 were wounded. Most of the dead were killed in today’s airstrikes, but some of them were killed during a concentrated attack on soldiers in Anbar province last week. Details about that multi-faceted attack have been slow to leak out.
New details have emerged concerning a weekend massacre of soldiers in Anbar Province. Although many questions remain, soldiers stationed at Albu Etha told a discouraging story about being unable to get any help from army commanders or Baghdad before abandoning their post. Fifteen were killed and 40 were wounded. The Anbar assaults also took place in Saqlawiya and Sijr. Both Sijr and Albu Etha have been reclaimed by Iraq forces.
In Mosul, a U.S. airstrike killed four civilians.
Anbar province’s council called on the military to stop bombing civilian areas of Falluja. Three people were killed today and nine more were wounded.
Seven Shabak citizens were kidnapped in Fadhiliya, Nineva province.
Twenty-five militants were killed when Iraqi jets bombed Dhuluiya.
Airstrike in Baghdad province killed more than 23 militants.
Sixteen militants were killed in Harden, near Sinjar, by Peshmerga forces.
Peshmerga forces killed 12 militants in Zumer.
In Jalawla, Peshmerga forces killed three militants.
In Haditha, a Sahwa force killed a militant leader.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018