At least 63 people were killed and another 41 more were wounded in fresh bloodshed. As in recent days, the focus of the violence was in Anbar.
About 3,000 security personnel attacked Albu Bali where they believe the bodies of eight missing soldiers are located.
Two soldiers were killed and one more was wounded when gunmen attacked a checkpoint near Falluja, in Zaidan.
Four gunmen were killed in Khalidiya.
Near the Syrian border in Anbar, three insurgents were killed.
In Baghdad, an army officer was killed and a bystander was wounded when a sticky bomb exploded on the officer’s vehicle in Iskan. A sticky bomb killed a government employee in Adhamiya. A civilian was wounded in a separate sticky bomb attack. A roadside bomb in Ghazaliya killed two and wounded nine. Three gunmen were killed.
A roadside bomb killed two and wounded eight in Madaen.
A Sahwa member and his brother were killed in front of his Na’ba home.
In Muqdadiya, gunmen killed a civilian and wounded another.
Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded another in Abu Ghraib.
A soldier was shot dead near Tikrit.
The body of a soldier kidnapped from Shirqat was found dumped on a road.
In Jalawla, a sticky bomb wounded a policeman and a civilian.
Two gunmen killed themselves while trying to plant a bomb in Latifiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019