With Arbaeen over, bombers turned much of their attention to Christian Iraqis celebrating the Christmas holiday in Baghdad. At least 75 people were killed and 141 more were wounded in those and other attacks.
In Baghdad, a car bomb killed 35 people and wounded 56 more near the St. John church in the Doura neighborhood. A triple bomb at a market in a Christian section of Anthorian killed 11 people and wounded 21 more. Four people were killed and 11 more were wounded in a blast at a soccer field north of the city. Gunmen killed one person and wounded three more south of Baghdad.
Three security personnel were killed and fourth was wounded in an attack on a joint checkpoint in Tikrit.
A bomb killed one Shi’ite pilgrim and wounded five more in Suleiman Bek.
A car bomb at a Shirqat police station wounded three passersby.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Askari.
At a Kirkuk checkpoint, a bomb wounded two pilgrims.
Bombs between Kirkuk and Tuz Khormato left one dead and seven more.
Twelve people were wounded when a bomb targeting pilgrims exploded in Tal Afar.
Gunmen killed four people during a home invasion in Mandali.
A civilian was gunned down in Gatoun.
Gunmen killed a soldier in Kirkuk.
A clash in the Wadi Horan area left five gunmen dead and four soldiers wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018