At least 56 Iraqis were killed and 117 more were wounded, mostly in northern Iraq. At least two separate bombings occurred in the Tikrit-Shirqat region.
A roadside bomb in Taji killed four people and wounded three more in two civilian cars; military convoys frequently use the road and may have been the targets.
Two police officers were killed and seven more were wounded when two suicide bombers wearing military uniforms attacked a Hawija police station.
In Mosul, gunmen killed three people at a bus stop; a fourth was wounded. A retired judge was gunned down. Four officers were shot to death inside a taxi. Gunmen killed a jeweler at his shop. A gunman was killed during a failed attack on a checkpoint.
In Baghdad, a hand grenade tossed at a Rashidiya checkpoint killed two soldiers and wounded three more.
An I.E.D. in Zab left two Sahwa dead and three more wounded.
A roadside bomb killed one civilian and wounded another in Hit.
A Sahwa leader was killed and a bodyguard was seriously wounded in a sticky bomb blast in Saniya.
A car bomb wounded three people in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019