Pre-election violence occurred in Iraqi Kurdistan took attention away from the usual violence across the rest of Iraq. At least 18 Iraqis were killed and 45 more were wounded.
Gunmen opened fire on a Patriotic Union of Kurdistan campaign gathering in Suleimaniya. Three people were killed and two more were wounded. Elections are scheduled for Sept. 21 in Kurdistan.
Three people were killed and four more were wounded when a bomb exploded in a house in Albo Farraj.
A booby-trapped car killed two insurgents and wounded two more when it blew up prematurely in Ramadi.
An I.E.D. in Baiji killed a soldier and wounded four more.
The family of a 17-year-old who was found shot to death in Hammam al-Alil stressed that the boy had been arrested by army troops.
In Falluja, an I.E.D. blast wounded two soldiers.
A suicide bomber was frightened into blowing himself up in Baghdad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Truck Drivers at Border; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2018
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018