At least 40 people were killed and 57 more were wounded in a string of uncoordinated attacks that, nevertheless, seemed to take advantage of shoppers.
A bomb killed 23 people and wounded 27 more at a market in Samarra.
A bomb in Tal Afar killed three people, including a policeman.
A civilian was gunned down near a market in Basra.
In Hilla, a militant was killed and two more were wounded as they were planting a bomb.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb wounded a civilian.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019