The now daily attacks against soccer players and soccer fans continued in Baghdad. This time a bomb targeted young people, all under the age of 16, playing in a field. Across the rest of the country, the usual random violence took place. Overall, at least 23 Iraqis were killed and 29 more were wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeting soccer players on a field in Nahrawan left 12 youngsters dead and 25 wounded.
A bomb on a bus in Hilla killed the driver and one passenger.
A tribal sheikh was assassinated in Kut.
In Karbala, 31 members of the SWAT force were arrested after a soccer coach died from injuries received from them.
A bodyguard died in Khalis, when a bomb targeting a police colonel’s convoy exploded.
A bomb injured a policeman in Tikrit.
In Dawr, a bomb killed a teenage girl.
Two Diyala councilmen were targeted by I.E.D.s, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019
- Bomb Targets Tribal Leader and Family; Two Killed in Iraq – April 10th, 2019