The Justice Ministry announced the executions of three men who were convicted on terrorism charges.
A bombing at a Sunni mosque in Mahaweel killed three worshippers and wounded seven more.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeting an army patrol killed one soldier and wounded two more.
A two-year-old child was killed and five more were wounded, including his mother when a bomb targeting a police patrol exploded in Samarra.
In Mosul, a soldier and three gunmen were killed in a clash at a checkpoint.
Shelling in Baiji left one soldier dead and another two wounded.
One soldier was killed and two more were wounded in western Iraq.
Gunmen killed a government official in Qaim.
A sticky bomb killed a driver and wounded his passenger in Jbela.
In Bani Saad, an I.E.D. wounded a married couple.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018