For the second week in a row Diyala province was the scene of a significant attack. Because of its mixed population, the province has suffered much sectarian violence. Overall, at least 24 Iraqis were killed and XX more were wounded across the country.
A bomb wounded five people a mosque in Saidiya.
In Mosul, the bodies of two policemen and a soldier were discovered a day after the men had been kidnapped. Tens of thousands of demonstrators turned out to protest Iranian influence in Iraqi politics.
Five gunmen were killed during a raid by Samarra Operations personnel in the Thar Thar region.
Thousands turned out to weekly protests in Ramadi and Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019